Career Champions for Advisors
The Career Champion training workshop engages participants in a tailored curriculum designed to provide them with knowledge about the career development process and the foundations of employability, as well as teaching best practices for having career conversations with students. Participants will learn valuable helping skills, goal setting techniques, ethical practices, and how best to make referrals to available resources. Career Champions will also leave with resources they can use in their own professional career. Those who complete the training program will receive a Career Champion decal to display in their office, inviting students to approach them to discuss career related topics.
Career/Major Outcomes (Part I)
- Gain a basic knowledge of the career development theories, career decision making process and employability.
- Gain a foundation of basic helping skills to best assist students with career planning.
- Learn how to assist students with goal setting in regards to their career development.
- Learn how to make an effective referral to the Career Center.
- Learn the professional and ethical guidelines as outlined through the National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE). .
Mark Anthony, Senior Associate Director, Career Development, Career Center
- Sara McConville, Coordinator of Advisor Training & Outreach